Jan 14, 2009

Master Zhen's Dialogue with Disciples -- Keep in Mind What Guanyin Bodhisattva says!

Disciple: I feel I look like a balsam pear (that tastes bitter).


Master: Bitterness arises because of one’s ego.


Disciple: Yes indeed. I care too much about my own image.


Master: Orininally, the world is free from it all. It all happens because of our egos.


Discple: How can I get rid of the ego? I don’t want it. I am so tired from it.


Master: Read the sutra, honestly, and earnestly.


Disciple: Again! I read it everyday. The ego somehow remains unmoved.


Master: Are you reading it with the five-no principles (translator: No complaining, no suspicion, no impatience, no I-don’t-care-about-it attitude, and no-inconsistency.)? Remeber, rapid water flow takes away everything. A mind characterized by impatience leads one nowhere. This is the saying by Guanyin Bodhisattva. Keep it in mind!

No comments: