Nov 22, 2008

Love and Blief Bring Us Together----Lingwang

I first got to know Master Zhen Lin on May 31st, 2008, through a blog article by Sister Ling Ju titled Ling Xi, I Feel So Happy For You! I learnt from the article that Sister Ling Xi had fully recovered from lung cancer. I soon googled into her blog and then got linked to Master Zhen Lin’s world. After that, I kept visiting their blog sites from time to time, and felt happy for Sister Ling Xi and touched by her stories. Nevertheless, I never was able to really sit down and read through Longevity Scripture. Once I even threw it aside after reading it for only a few paragraphs. I just could not calm down. On October 20, 2008, I was diagnosed with cancer, small cell vicious tumor in the left mandible. I was totally despaired by the fear of recurrence, of metastasis, of death, of dying too ugly, of having to leave my beloved parents too soon…In that despair, I read through all of Sister Ling Xi’s articles of how she got to learn Buddhism, read Buddhist scriptures and in particular, Longevity Scripture, and got cured. Gradually, I come to get over the despair. On October 31st, just two days before my operation, Sister Ling Xi left a message in my blog and suggested that I start reading Longevity Scripture, and meet Master Zhen Lin at Sina UC. This message alone paved a bright path for me as I receive treatment. I am no longer despaired. I had a bone-grafting operation on November 3rd. The operation is a success, but it was very torturing for me in the week following the operation. I was bed-ridden, unable to move, or talk, eat, or drink. I survived on tubes. Despite this, I never gave up reading Longevity Scripture. When I was tortured to sleeplessness, I told myself just to hold on and Buddha and Bodhisattva are always with me and will bless me through it all. On November 18th, the second day after I left the hospital, I was listening to the recorded speech by Master Zhen Lin on Longevity Scripture. I was so obsessed by it. Soon, Sister Ling Xi emailed me all the MP3 files of the speech. On November 20th, I talked to Master Zhen Lin for the first time at Sina UC. I was very happy. When Master Zhen Lin told me that he had many disciples in Beijing, I asked him, without much confidence, whether I could be his disciple, too. I was not confident because I felt I might not be qualified. I only thought of him after I got sick even though I had known him long before it. Still, Master Zhen Lin accepted me immediately, named me Ling Wang, and told me that it is love and belief that brings us together. Amita-Buddha! In retrospect, I now believe that it is all predestined: from the day when I first read the blog articles of my Sisters’ and Master Zhen Lin’s, to when I all of a sudden was diagnosed with cancer, till now I am so lucky to have become Master Zhen Lin’s disciple. I keep reading Longevity Scripture everyday. I believe I can be cured. I am optimistic. Perhaps, just as what Sister Ling Ju reminded me that getting sick can also be good for us as the process of being cured is also a process of improving ourselves. Were I not sick and so terrified, I would not have been able to really calm down, to read Longevity Scripture, to make confession, and become Master Zhen Lin’s disciple. Coming to think of this, I am grateful to this painful experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheer!Amitabha! Zhixu