Nov 17, 2008

Practising Buddhism is a kind of subtracting--------Lingchu(disciple)

A lot of people who know little about Buddhism would think practising Buddhism is a complicated and boring action. Because we have to abide so many rules, pay attention to so many matters, besides , we must study and remember so many deep sutras. I only studied a half year, but I have felt so relaxed now. It is like kind of subtracting. It reduced my excess buggages from the inside to the outside.

First of all, I used to focus on the my health. From now on, that won’t be a problem. It has been reduced from my heart at the first time. There are so many strange diseases in this society nowadays. Many people are wondering if they will catch any of them. So, they find another good excuse to eat better, and do fewer. Friends are getting together to compare with each other about clothes, life enjoyable. Who knows it is getting worse to compare. It is getting more blunderingly and agonizingly. Trouble makes people imbalance, and that leads to sickness. You will eat more when you are sick, and you will be sick when you eat more…

I got changed unconsciously while practising Buddhism after my master. I couldn’t be a complete vegetarian at the very beginning, so I made myself eat less meat. Days after days, I didn’t feel bad if I didn’t eat meat. So I became a real vegetarian. My master doesn’t force his disciples do anything, because when you study at some level, you would know what to do or not to do. Buddhism is to make people feel free and comfortable. If you feel very hard and tired while practising, you must be in a wrong way.

Any kind of sickness is from his heart! You feel good, and the disease will be gone. If you are thinking about troubles all the time, where can the disease go? So, I will leave the problem that worry about the health from now to my day comes.

Secondly, I want to reduce the dread relationships with people.
I don’t know why some persons have been jealous of me since the day I started to work. Maybe I hurt them unconsciously for my thoughtlessness. And I tried to change myself to be part of that kind of people. But it’s so uncomfotble to behaviour against my heart. But I still told myself that I had to lead a life like them , for I was of this society.

But now, I don’t care it at all. To be in the world but not of it . The only one who can hurt you is yourself. If people say I am bad at something, I will think: what did I have do? Or am I really bad at this? I will find the problems from myself. If people can treat people with his heart and treat everyone equally, then everything will be fine. How can I get a tough or terrible relationship?

The third thing I am subtrating is my personality. In this age, everyone wants a strong personality. People want to be free, and unique. Do they understand the meaning of freedom? They don’t know persuing a personality is to discriminate in the sight of Buddhism. I am a unit in this world. I am who I am , and you are who you are. So that leads to he, and she , and they. That makes this world. But the heart makes this world individually. countless units bring countless plots. So, lots of sad stories happens.

To publicize your personality show your mind of revealing. You want others to notice you're unique to have your own style. If we look deeply into such a mind, we may find that it’s a kind of self-abasement. You are hiding your shortage with your advantages. In fact people will really feel confident when he doesn’t care those kind things at all. What a strong confidence it will be. No me, no him, I am him. He is me. I am the world, and the world is me.

After knowing these, I don’t say any words to make others surprise any more. I am no longer caring what should I wear, or what people said about me. I am never fighting for anything with anyone. I want to be a person who is careless about anything, who can laugh for anything, and he even doesn’t care what year it is. That’s the person I want to be.

Practising Buddhism is not a boring subject. It is not a pain at all. To make everything easier, and to practise Buddhism in your daily life is the way to study. You will find out it is very simple at that time. It is just like a minus question, to reduce the problems in your heart. When the results becomes ZERO, you will find out that day is the day you obtain enlightenment.

No comments: