Apr 16, 2009

Prayer to Relieve Bodily Pain -- Zhitong (Zhenlin Disciple)

To the beings who make me sick, feel bad, hateful, doubtful, and regretful,



Could you now please calm down, and listen to me? I now repent sincerely.



It was because of ignorance and delusion that I inflicted great harm and pain on you. Now that I have come to practice the Buddha Dharma, I realize I was wrong in doing so. It was because of greed, hatred, and ignorance that I made the mistakes. Now I sincerely apologize to you and repent of them. May you please accept my apologies. After all, there is never an end of taking revenge.


I am now following Master Zhenlin in cultivating the Buddha Dharma. With my heart fully devoted to the Buddha, I wish to attain Buddhahood. I would like to invite you to cultivate it together with me, through which you shall gain relief from suffering, and enter the heaven to enjoy heavenly bliss.



Besides, I shall transfer the merits and virtues from reciting the Sutra of Longevity (or the Mantra of Longevity, which is contained in the Sutra), to you. As long as you agree to learn to let go of hatred and revenging, which is what I am trying to do now, calm down, and listen to me recite the Sutra of Longevity (or the Mantra of Longevity), you shall be relieved from disasters and suffering, free from afflictions and sorrow, and gain great peace, happiness and a long life in the present life. After your present life is over, you will be reborn in the Brahamn Heaven and enjoy heavenly bliss there.



However, if you refuse to let go the hatred and revenging, but continue to make me feed bad physically, or disturb me in the cultivation of the Dharma, and remain hateful and revengeful, you shall, according to the Law of Cause and Effect, be suffering constantly from disasters, great pain, sorrow, and afflictions. As retribution, you shall be short-lived, and fall into the Avici Hell and the Uninterrupted Hell after you die, where you shall undergo great torture throughout the day and day after day, from one kalpa to another, without any respite. Even if you are able to obtain a human form after the retribution is over, your six roots shall be incomplete. You will be born deaf, blind, dumb and mute. The suffering is just untold. Why not just let go the hatred and revenging?



I am saying this to you from the bottom of my heart with complete sincerity. It is my hope that you calm down, and join me in cultivating the Buddha Dharma. Let us recite the Sutra of Longevity (or Mantra of Longveity) together, with due respect, you shall be able to enter the Brahman Heaven to enjoy heavenly blessings there thanks to the merits and virtues from upholding it. The more respect you show, the higher the heaven you shall be reborn. In fact, you may even be reborn in the Pureland of Ultimate Bliss. Never shall you have to undergo suffering in the Three Evil Paths (the Path of Animals, the Path of Hungry Ghosts, and the Path of Hell), nor be subject to the wheel of transmigration again.



Let us now recite the Sutra of Longevity (or Mantra of Longevity) together. Please accept my suggestions, calm down, let go of hatred and revenging, and join me in the recitation. For sure you will enter the Heaven and enjoy heavenly bliss.



Recite the Sutra of Longevity or the Mantra of Longevity. Do not forget to transfer the merits and virtues after the recitation.


Transferrence of Merits:



May the merit and virtue accrued from reciting the Sutra/Mantra,

Be transferred to the beings who make me sick, feel bad, hateful, doubtful, and regretful.

May you enter the Brahman Heaven, and enjoy heavenly bliss there, and

I get fully recovered from the disease as soon as possible.




Note:

1-Mantra of Longevity (contained in the Sutra of Longevity)

Bo tou mi bo tou mi ti bi xi ni xi ni xi mi zhu li

Zhu luo zhu li hou luo hou luo you li you luo you li bo luo bo li wen

Zhi chen die pin die bo shi mo die chi na jia li suo po he




2- The Sutra of Longevity, refers to, as its full name, the Dharani Sutra of the Buddha on Longevity, the Extinction of Offences, and the Protection of Young Children


3- Master Zhenlin's Commentary on the Sutra of Longevity is also availble. You may email to xd717@yahoo.com.cn if you want a hard copy of the Sutra of Longevity or Master Zhenlin's Commentary on the Sutra of Longevity. We shall email the copy to you for free.



4-Please kindly note that the prayer works not only for curing diseases, but is applicable to solving all kinds of problems we face in life, such as marital problems, financial problems, etc. We only need to change “To the beings who make me sick” to “To the beings who make my family life unhappy” or “To those who prevent me from making money”, and it will help us in solving them.

No comments: