Dec 6, 2008

Faith is the Key:On How to Get Cured by Reading the Sutra on Longevity – By Ling Xi

June 4, 2008

When I first decided to read the Sutra on Longevity, Master Zhen Lin had already warned me that that would be a long process in which my condition might get worse for sometime. It turned out to be true. One week after I started reading the Sutra, I felt very bad as if it had become more serious. Sometimes I felt so painful that I forgot what Master had warned me. I asked him whether I had read it in the wrong way, or otherwise how come I felt so uncomfortable. Master Zhen Lin told me, with great patience, that I was doing it in the right way except that it took time. Again, it turned out to be true. I placed my focus on reading the Sutra and gradually it got better. I felt ashamed of myself for the suspicion. It never happened again, though, and nothing could shake my faith. My mind was all focused on reading the Sutra on Longevity. I would do it for three months first and wouldn’t care what’s going to happen in between that three months. Gradually and before I knew it, I could feel Master’s power in me and I was recovering very quickly. Actually, I also came to realize that the truth was from the moment when I met Master Zhen Lin, the moment when I put my faith in him and the Sutra, I had already recovered. Just as what Master said, “no, you were not sick. Never!”

That is just how amazing it is to cure ourselves of diseases by practicing Buddhism!!!
No wonder Master tells us that it is a piece of cake to get cured by practicing Buddhism. Even you are headless, it will grow again—as long as you put real faith in it, and practice it exactly as what Master has told you to do. Faith is the key! There is nothing that Buddhism cannot make. You can save yourself with it, and then share your experience with others. By doing so you shall be like a fish swimming freely in water. Buddha says “mercy on all beings”. With the bless of Buddha, Bodhisattva and empowered masters, we are always immersed in love and bathed in sunshine. It is like a mirror. To receive their bless and love, however, we need first to wipe off the dust on the mirror. The dust is like the suspicion we have. The mirror shines once there is sunlight on it, and reflects the light. Light wipes of darkness which is like the diseases and hardship we face. This is the truth. As long as we believe in it, it absorbs light fast and we get cured fast.

Two points to share with you: 1- to sit cross-legged when reading the Sutra. Master says doing so helps keep us focused. When I first did so, I could do it for only 5 pages. Now 50 pages. 2-to read the mantras contained in the Sutra of Longevity whenever I get the time. Now I can read it without I myself realizing it. This helps to pure our heart.

No comments: