Dec 15, 2008

The Sutra on Longevity Sends Him on a Trip to Beijing – Lingxi (disciple)

Chen was the Chairman of the Labour Union before his retirement. He is now 71-year-old now. We used to be neighbours. He lived just cross the street. We often bumped into each other. His elderly brother also lived in the same building where I lived, so we saw each other from time to time. After I was diagnosed with lung cancer years ago, I moved to live with my parents. I was so sick that I could only stay indoors or either hospitalized. From then on, we seldom saw each other. After I recover after reading the Sutra of Longevity as Master Zhen Lin suggested, and I have been back to office again. Still, I don’t see him. What has happened to him, I wonder.

It was only when I met his sister-in-law did I know that he was not able to walk because he suffered from serious foot pain. He stayed at home all day long and could walk no more than 20 meters. A fortune-teller told him that he was predestined to be paralyzed from 71-year old to 73-year-old. He had tried both Chinese medicine and western, but the foot pain only got more serious. After his retirement, he also took the role as the “publicity officer” of the Communist Party Office of our company, and the head of the Office, Chao, another retired colleague, knew him very well. Chao told me that Chen had been cut off from social events for a long time.

After learning that I got cured by reading the Sutra on Longevity, his sister-in-law thought about helping him with it. One day I was reading the Sutra with his sister-in-law at her home, she took away my Sutra to read it for Mr. Chen without telling me. ( I never gave away the Sutra to others unless they ask me for it. Only in this way can people show true respect to it. Of course, I am fine with what his sister-in-law did as I am sure she was earnest. I give her and Mr. Chen my respect and best wishes). His sister-in-law later told Chen just how effective and amazing the Sutra on Longevity is and how I have recovered by reading it. Chen then started trying it, though still feeling unsure how effective it could be. One month later, he could walk for 100 meters, then 200 meters, 500 meters…He was so happy. Gradually he could walk outdoors, and even rejoin his old colleagues for some social events. The other day, he even went on a trip to Beijing! He asked his daughter to read it as well, as she had some problems getting pregnant. She said no, unfortunately. Anyway, the changes in Chen are amazing. Mr. Chao is so amazed by the changes in Chen that he also asked me for a copy of the Sutra the other day, and said he would try to keep every word in mind. J

Chao also likes the Sutra, saying that even the character is small-sized, he can still read it without even wearing presbiopic glasses.

No comments: