Dec 20, 2008

What a happy break!-----Lingwang

I have been on sick leave for over two months. It is certainly a very important turning point in my life. Thanks to Master Zhenlin, to the Sutra on Longevity, and to the bless of Buddha, this experience has turned from one that brought huge fear and distress to me to gratitude and happiness.

It was the most painful the week before the operation. It was mentally torturing. I had accepted the fact that I had vicious tumor, and was fully fearful of recurrence and metastasis. Beside, I’d lose my left mandible (replaced then by a piece from my right fibula), I was so worried about how I might look after the operation. It was days of huge terror. I cried everyday, both when asleep and when awake. It was like a nightmare to me from which I could never wake up.

I started to read the Sutra on Longevity three days after the operation. It has been over one month and a half now. Tremendous positive changes have been brought to me and my life. Master Zhenlin keeps emphasizing to us that we need to place faith in Buddha, concentrate on just the Sutra on Longevity, and there is no disease that cannot be cured by the power of Buddha. Sister Ling Xi also empowers me greatly with her amazing experience. I no longer have the fear about recurrence or metastasis. And, thanks to the bless of Buddha and Bodhisattva, the operation is a success and I am recovering well. I guess it won’t be too long before I am pretty again.

While my initial intention was to get cured by upholding and reading the Sutra on Longevity, I now realize that it not only cures our physical disease, it also heals the wound in our heart. Before I got sick, I was always feeling busy, in a haste, and my life was in a chaos. My excuse was that because I was busy, and therefore my being hasty and my life being in a chaos could be forgiven. I was not able to control my temper well, and always worried about this or that, feeling very insecure. Such a lifestyle was more serious a disease than cancer.

Before I know it, my life pace has been slowed down, after I started to read the Sutra on Longevity. I now realize that it was because my heart was in a chaos, and therefore I was always in a hurry, and therefore feeling busy. I mistook the cause as the effect for so many years. Though I stay indoors all day wrong as I have yet to get fully recovered from the operation, I never feel bored but very happy. Everyday I read the Sutra on Longevity, and learn more about Buddha Dharma by reading the blog articles posted at Master Zhenlin’s website. I am also learning to do what a girl should be doing: cooking, knitting, and cleaning the house—I never did this before I got sick. I felt myself a professional office lady, never to be bound by housework. My life was about flying, staying at five-star hotels, meeting senior government and business leaders. It is only now that I realize I got more and more impatient, and my vanity grew more serious in such a circle because I didn’t know how to control my heart. I was never able to reach the sense of security and happiness that I was so eager for internally.

Perhaps even Buddha found my lifestyle unbearable and therefore set such an experience for me, so that I could examine myself, and get adjusted.

Master Zhenlin reminds us, “ a painful experience is meant to bring us back to our true self.”Master Chin-kung also says, “While Buddha and Bodhisattvas see clearly the suffering by the sentient beings, they remain silent. Why? It is so because the time is not ripe. The sentient beings won’t reach enlightenment even if they are told the truth. They won’t accept it, but will only commit more serious karmas. Out of compassion and kindness, Buddha and Bodhisattva keep waiting patiently, till the sentient beings are ready to turn back and accept it. Then they extend the help.

Yes, it is the right approach. Before I got sick, I had known how many merits upholding and reading the Sutra on Longevity shall bring, but I never was patient enough to do it. Now I am reading the Sutra on Longevity twice a day, full of gratitude and joy.

More and more I feel this experience of getting sick is a rare opportunity sent to me by Buddha to enjoy life.

The only problem is that I am losing my hair these days, as a result of the chemo-therapy. Master Zhenlin, could you help to get me completely bald? Cleaning the dropped hairs is not easy…um..Could you also bless me so that the newly-grown hair is black and beautiful? I want to enjoy the cherry blossoming at Yuyuantan Park in the coming April, with a handsome boy…

No comments: