Feb 25, 2009

Lingmei's Sutra-lecturing Trip to the Heaven of Light Sound

The Sutra-lecturing Trip to the Heaven of Light Sound

Time flies by, invoking constant changes in Heavens and Earth. It looks like a myth as I contemplate the flowers in meditation.
One day, my soul travelled to the Heaven of Light Sound as I was sitting in meditation. It seemed like a dream and yet in truth it was not.
“How come there was nobody around?” I was thinking to myself when I remembered what Master had spoken to me, “The living beings there are formless and unmarked. You may ask them to appear to you.” Soon, I was able to see numerous beings. I said, “The Great Brahman King, please!” The Brahman King showed up, in all awesome might, soon after I had requested it. With great respect, he said to me, “May the Master give us the teachings!” I replied, “At the behest of Master, I have come to lecture the Sutra of Longevity here. Could you please summon all the heavenly beings of the Heavens of Brahman here?” The Brahman King then conjured up something helical in shape, held it in his hand, and puffed a breath in it. In no time numerous beings showed up.
I requested a bestowal of power from Master so that I could see clearly just how many beings there were. I found out that the heavenly beings were of several levels. At the highest level, while it looked nobody was there, I could feel there were numerous beings. At the middle-level, it was a vast expanse of whiteness, cloudy and foggy, and still incalculable. The low level was further divided into sub-levels, where the beings were of form and mark, though not clearly visible.
At that time, a group of heavenly beings, about ten-year-old, and with their hair worn in a single upward braid, came to bow to me joyfully. They thanked me for ferrying them over to enjoy the heavenly bliss. I was confused for a while, but soon realized they were those whom I had met when I visited the Hell. I rescued them from the torture by reciting the Sutra of Longevity for them so that they got reborn in the heaven. I soon was reminded of why I was there at the Heaven of Light Sound. I found myself sitting on a lotus which was shining with light. I had grown much larger in size. Many Dharma-protecting Vajras were standing by me.
I then started the lecture and recited, “From innumerable long kalpas until now, I always proclaim for you all this Sutra and the Dharma to protect the body, in order to help all the sinful living beings to eradicate their offences after listening to the Sutra of Longevity and the Extinction of offences, even if they can only listen to as little as half a verse. How much more the effect would be as I am now again proclaiming it to you!”
The Sutra of Longevity can be understood by all beings with their original consciousness. The heavenly beings were quick to understand it. Many of them got enlightened immediately as they listened to the lines of the text.
I went on to explain to them that the Sutra of Longevity, wherever it is, is such a treasure and that for we human beings it grants our wishes in every aspect. While the heavenly beings are free from the desires that we humans have, they shall be able to increase heavenly lifespan, and gain release from the Three Realms, by upholding the Sutra.
By then, the air was filled with all kinds of treasures that fell lightly upon me like heavenly rain. I transferred them all to the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and Master. Some of them even made offerings to me with their palaces. Again, I transferred them to Master. Music was then being played. It was inexpressibly beautiful. I transferred the heavenly sound to Master, too. After that, I found myself changed to be a ray of light, like the heavenly beings, without any shape or mark.
After I had finished the sutra lecture, the Great Brahman King saw me off in person. With all reverence, he said, “Having listened to the instructional talk by Master, the heavenly beings and immortals get awakened. They all say it is great to be immortals, yet we should never slacken our efforts to cultivate the Way. After all, when the heavenly bliss is exhausted, we shall be subject to rebirth in the Six Destinies. Occurrences of past eons have now surfaced in my mind. Let us seize the opportunity and connect our minds. Transmit the sutra treasure in the heaven and earth.” I got the King’s point. In less than a second, I was back.
I understood why Master arranged the sutra-lecturing trips for me after I came back. The treasure is right in our mind. It is such a rare opportunity that we really need to seize it. We do accumulate merits and virtues cultivating in the secular world, while on the other hand, the task is arduous and journey tough.

No comments: