Feb 25, 2009

Lingmei’s Visit to Amitabha-Buddha

Lingmei’s Visit to Amitabha-Buddha

Following Master’s instruction, I practiced concentration before going to bed. I did not get up at 2 am but 4 am. I sat in meditation for a while, and felt it different. The breath was more stable and stronger. I felt quite happy about it. It certainly was different with the bestowal of power by Master.
I sat for a while, and decided to practice contemplation and meditation together as Master had instructed. I wanted to take a look at how the Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss is. Believe it or not, I did see it. The towering palaces amidst the mist stood so tall that I could not see its top. I may not have described it accurately as it was the first time I had seen it. I had seen Amitabha-Buddha while practicing the meditation and contemplation yesterday. He emitted golden lights. I thought I was going to meet him today. As it turned out, I did arrive at His Pure Land.
I did not see anyone along the way. There were rows of trees on both sides of the road. They were kind of like coco-nut tree, and very tall. The tree leaves played music as they lifted up and folded down alternatively. When I was thinking what tree it was, I was told it was the “jeweled tree”. Well, the whole tree was emitting golden rays of lights as it played the music, as if lots of jewels were hung on them. I also heard bird singing, which sound really nice. I only saw blue peacocks though.
As I walked further, I heard people saying they were going for a sutra lecture. I could see there many people, but not clearly visible. They felt like air. I asked, “Who is to talking the Dharma?” “The Thus Come One of Wonderful Sound” was the answer. I simply heard the voice speaking to me, but I did not know whose voice it was. Maybe it was out of my imagination, I thought. I then thought of returning.
I kept thinking over it after I had returned. Why did not I see them? Must be my level of cultivation was too shallow, and energy too weak! While I was pondering over it, I saw some people approaching, but I could not recognize them. I also heard a voice speaking to me, “World Honored One Shakyamuni Buddha is not a single being. Seize the opportunity to find your root. Measureless merits and virtues bring you to single-mindfulness. Do not take it as real as it is made by your inherent nature.”
I felt it was the Buddha, but was not quite sure. I said, “It is beyond my reach with my level of comprehension.” By then, the voice again spoke to me, “ The Buddha Nature is boundless, and the mind can house the heaven…” The voice then got more distant. I felt myself very tall and large having heard it. As I took a look at myself, I could not see anything. I became air-like, and all the mountains, rivers, and buildings were clearly visible to me. I felt myself integrated into them all, and that I was omnipresent. It felt like everything was part of me. I came up with the feeling that the universe is in fact very small and dwells in our mind. Anyway, I collected my thoughts back when I thought of what Master had spoken to me. My mission is over. I still don’t quite understand the message. I keep pondering over the instruction to me by the Great Virtue but fail to get it through. I thought I could…but…

No comments: