Feb 25, 2009

Lingmei's Sutra-lecturing Trip to the Heaven of Neither-Thought-Nor-Non- Thought

The Sutra-lecturing Trip to the Heaven of Neither-Thought-Nor-Non- Thought
“Everyone is fond of immortals. All want to cultivate to gain spiritual penetration. Going down the wrong path is only misleading. It is important to reflect within, and propagate the Dharma with the mind.”
Sitting in stillness, my mind is at a relaxed stated. Master reminds me that I am but an ordinary person, but I have a special mission to fulfill.
As if in a trance, I was sitting on a lotus. With a flash of thought, I arrived at the Heaven of Neither-Thought-Nor-Non-Thought.
I found it different from the Brahman Heaven. I could see nothing. Hence, I asked Master for a bestowal of power. Having said so, I saw numerous dots, bright, but not offending to the eyes. I asked several times, “Heavenly King, may I meet you?” Upon saying that, I felt a beam of white light flashing before me. So, still, it was but a ray of white light. A voice said, “May you, Venerable Master, grant us your teachings?” I replied, “I am Lingmei. At the behest of my Master, I come to you to lecture the Sutra of Longevity. All the Heavenly Beings shall gain benefits from it.” The Heavenly King was filled with joy when he heard it and said, “It is such a rare opportunity. One can hardly meet it in a thousand years!” Instantly, as he was saying it, numerous heavenly beings arrived.
I saw in the air bright dots flickering, so many of them that it was actually incalculable. The heavenly beings, too, are of different levels. I felt their existence up on the top. It is flashing on an off at the middle level, with intermittent gleams. It was quite bright at the lowest level.
Thinking of the mission for which I was there at the Heaven, I said, “How can I not act in compliance with the instructions of Master? With my level of skills and strength, I can hardly convey the merits and virtues of the Sutra. I am doing it now with the bestowal of power by Master, you will gain benefits from it as long as you listen to it attentively.
When I was reciting the passage, I saw innumerable rays of light flickering in the air. Many of them got enlightened. Not until then did I realize why it was flashing on an off non-stop as I was lecturing the sutra. I felt that they were offering me with the treasures they had, including their mind and spiritual penetration.
Without hesitation, I transferred them all to the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and master. By then, I found myself changing in size and became larger endlessly. It was unlike when in other heavens. I felt myself in one with the empty space. Though I could not see myself, I was omnipresent.
I found the heavenly beings are just that sincere!

Before I left, the Heavenly King saw me off, and said respectfully, “So long ago it was when we last heard Dharma talks. How much we repent when we hear it again! The obsession to spiritual penetration obstructs us from gaining release from the Three Realms. Put down the obsession, and we’d be out of the five elements immediately! Be it in the heaven or earth, the Sutra is transmitted by Master. Filled with joy the living beings are in the Three Realms. It is likely that the Three Realms shall be linked. Getting harmonized and united is not an illusion. All the living beings in the Three Realms are my love, except the mind is not open yet. With the merits and virtues of the Sutra, change can be very fast. How great is it!
I felt the time and space changed after he had finished saying it. Perhaps it contains a heavenly secret. I am not supposed to write about it. I was back in less than a second.
After I was back, I heard a voice speaking to me, “It is a rewarding trip. The precious sutra is now being spread in the Three Realms. If you can make the sutra known by more, your merits and virtues will be greater than the brightness of the sun and the moon. As the raging waves wash away the sand, the gold is panned.”
All of a sudden, I understand Master’s intention in sending me for the trip! Master has given a lot of thoughts to it! Not only are human beings fond of the spiritual penetration, so are heavenly beings. Because of such fondness, they are not able to gain release from the Three Realms. As Master often says, “spiritual penetrations are but a piece of cake for the Buddha Dharma. It is not why we cultivate it. We cultivate it to find our true-self. The true-self is omnipotent. It is not produced, nor will it go extinct.”
As I was thinking over it, the voice spoke to me again, “People of the common sort are bound by the common mind from playing the spiritual penetration. Refrain from emulating each other out of jealousy or vanity. It is difficult to overcome the obstacle from the mind. Try to let it go, and stay in accord with conditions. Follow your master in propagating the Dharma, be it in the spring, summer, autumn, or winter. While the body dwells on it, the mind does not. Cultivating in the secular world leads to the Buddhahood. The Buddhalands are not far away but right in your mind. All is like a dream by the day you make it.”
See, everything, every piece of teaching, and every experience is to remind us that we need to cultivate the mind! We won’t be blinded by the small bit of selfish interest as long as we hold on tight to proper knowledge, proper view, and proper consciousness, regardless of the time and location.
Put it down, stay in accord with conditions, and there will be no impediment in our mind. Many things will be accomplished before you know it.
Amitabha-Buddha!

No comments: